What should you do if you are stopped by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)?

Remain quiet! Call an attorney!

It is your right to:

  • Not answer any questions.
  • Do not state where you were born or how you entered the United States.
  • Do not show any documents until an attorney has reviewed the documents, especially if the documents are fraudulent.
  • Do not sign anything, specifically do not sign a voluntary departure order without first speaking with an attorney.
  • Lastly, Explain to the immigration officer that you want an immigration court hearing in the city closest to where you live, so that ICE will not transfer you to another state.

Please visit our firms resources page for links to important information. If you need to speak to an immigration attorney regarding your specific case, please contact Attorney Monge at (703) 273-5500.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s