Remain quiet! Call an attorney!
It is your right to:
- Not answer any questions.
- Do not state where you were born or how you entered the United States.
- Do not show any documents until an attorney has reviewed the documents, especially if the documents are fraudulent.
- Do not sign anything, specifically do not sign a voluntary departure order without first speaking with an attorney.
- Lastly, Explain to the immigration officer that you want an immigration court hearing in the city closest to where you live, so that ICE will not transfer you to another state.
Please visit our firms resources page for links to important information. If you need to speak to an immigration attorney regarding your specific case, please contact Attorney Monge at (703) 273-5500.